Sigiriya & Dambulla Day Tour From Colombo in Kadawatha ( For Everyone )
Daily SessionAvailable Daily
You will be picked up from your hotel in Colombo or Mount Lavinia by our chauffeur guide at 06:00 am and commence the day tour Daumbulla and Sigiriya. You will be reached Dambulla rock cave temple after 3 to 4 hours journey.
Dambulla Rock cave temple (also known as Golden temple) is a world heritage site which was built by king Walagambahu in the first century B.C. The temple complex spread over the five different sizes of caves. In these caves you will see around 50 statues of Lord Buddha and Painting on the ceiling and the wall.
On completion of the tour of Dambulla cave temple you will be taken to a Local restaurant for lunch (Your Expense). Enjoy the taste of Sri Lankan lunch and then transfer to climb Sigiriya rock fortress.
The royal palace on the top of the Sigiriya rock was built by King Kashyapa in the fifth century. The design of the fortress shows the ability of architecture, urban planning and art of the ancient people of Sri Lanka. You can see moats and ramparts which were built around the fortress as a defensive implementation.When you cliimb around 100 meters high of the rock colourful frescoes can be seen on a cavity of the western side of the rock. There remains about 21 paintings of Sigiriya ladies.
Next you will climb along in the path of the Mirror Wall to the Lion's paws terrace. Climb up to top of the rock to see the remaining foundation of the palace with few ponds. You are able to see the surrounding nature within total 360 degrees.
On completion of Sigiriya rock fortress tour transfer back to Colombo and you will be safely dropped at your hotel or at the place where you picked up.
- Transportation by a private air Conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English Speaking Chauffeur Guide.(Upon request any of other language speaking Guide can be provided on availability)
- Bottled water
- Entrance tickets of sites( Dambulla Golden temple, Sigiriya Rock)
- Lunch & Drinks (Available to purchase)
- Video & Camera fees, Permit fees.
- Expenses of personal nature such as - Tips for Guides,Drivers, Porters & waiters. -Laundry ,medical bills, telephone calls,personal travel insurance etc.